Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Dollhouse Therapy Project: Update



Well, it's fair to say I've been slacking on this one slightly but I'm pretty happy with how the build is coming along!

For those of you just tuning in, #dollhousetherapy was launched in March by a group of very cool home and lifestyle bloggers keen to spread the gospel of good looking doll's houses to the masses.

The last Tuesday of each month sees those taking part reveal the rooms they have been diligently working on over the past 4 weeks.

Ever one to make life complicated for myself I decided that no, I would not renovate one of the 5 dilapidated doll's house currently gathering dust in the studio, instead I would build an apartment from scratch inside a retro TV surround. As you do.



The hardest part has been committing to floor plan (hence why there's not been much to see so far!), I finally settled on a sunken lounge area with elevated walkway and floating mezzanine level.
Stairs are to be decided, still torn between a spiral or floating staircase.
I need to stare at it some more. (It's a process OK!)

I played around with veneers and carpets but decided actually I love the wood grain and foil lining from its previous life as a TV so will leave it intact. The interior walls have had a base coat of white, I went with the old faithful exposed brick paper along the back panel.
Keeping it neutral for as long as possible before having to decide on an era/ style for the interiors.

At the moment it's set to be MadMen meets Shoreditch hipster with just a dash of bling.



To see more from the #dollhousetherapy challenge click here 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Mad Man meets Shoreditch Hipster with a little bling! It sounds awesome and fun. I love that you're doing this inside of an old retro TV. It's a perfect match! I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Created By Sora Templates