Friday, 5 April 2013

In the Attic: mini makeover

Helloo!

Well, I accidentally took the week off this week. Naughty.

The bank holiday obviously didn't help, and then I took it easy on Tuesday as my Mum had the week off. Then, just as I was about to head back up to the attic (Four little walls HQ) the ring main blew, knocking out all power on two floors of the house. Marvellous.

I took it as a sign from the powers that be to spend some some time on my own doll's
house, since I couldn't get on with much else that would be productive. (Well, there was housework but if you know me then you know how utterly laughable THAT idea would be.)

This is a little before/ after of the attic (the mini one!).





To be fair, this wasn't a terrible room, but the walls were only that colour because that's the paint I had at the time. Then the lino only went in because I thought it went well with the paint. It was going to be a bathroom, but then I thought against putting plumbing in the attic. 
Also, it's a bit impractical having to go up x4 flights of stairs if you're in the kitchen and suddenly need the loo isn't it?! (Obviously a purely fictional problem what with it bearing a DOLL'S HOUSE and all but still, these things need consideration don't they?!)



It's a work in progress, still needs skirting boards and a fireplace but I am very much in love with the wallpaper. It's now a child's room, while the nursery is being made more baby orientated, so I suspect the good toys will all move in here eventually!

6 comments:

  1. Me encantan las baldosas del suelo y con las paredes en rojo le dan mucha vida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear I'm not the only who puts that much thought into where the bathroom should go in a dollhouse. XD

    That space looks much better now. I love the wood panel floor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least there's no actually tiny plumbing to factor in...not yet anyway!! (Imagine?!) haha
      Thanks, much happier with it now. Now just that bathroom to get on with.
      Kat x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new look of your attic! :) The space looks more put together. I've always wanted to have a room in the attic because it's secluded and peaceful up in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your renovation.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. The attic bedroom is so girly and I love it so much! You know what pieces work together, and look at the outcome! :) Attic bedrooms are love because it's very quiet and peaceful in that part of the house.

    ReplyDelete

Created By Sora Templates