Monday, 11 March 2013

Selling up?!

Ok, this is a drastic move but after some serious assessing I'm thinking I may SELL my big beasty house!!

While part of me can not believe I have even uttered that sentence there is the slightly more sensible side of me acknowledging that I have gotten a little stuck with this one.



It is HUGE.
The Big, beautiful Blenheim by the Squirrel collection who were renowned for the generous proportions of their dollhouses and beautiful working sash windows.
Sadly they are no longer in business and I rarely see theses houses up for grabs.

That said, I've failed to properly finish it in the near 11 years I've had it. It deserves to be showered with love and attention. Since I already have my little Georgian my Dad built and the not so small matter of trying to run a business I feel that there might be somebody out there who can love the Blenheim a little better? Am I being rash?!

4 comments:

  1. I understand completely! I had to sell my large Newport halfway through because it was just too big. I like to do theme builds and originally bought the Newport since I thought it would be my one and only. I know it's a tough decision, but if you feel it's right, then go for it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what feels right! If your gut feeling is that you'll never properly finish this house why not sell it!? And I applaud you because your so RIGHT ""trying to run a business is no small matter". Hug AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same about my huge Squirrel house and put it upstairs for a couple of months realised l was making the right decision and don't regret it. Didn't quite get what I paid for it and all the work but it was a 'weight off my shoulders' so to speak and I don't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sold both of my midcentury houses. There are days when I do miss one of them, but I wouldn't be able to work on my new project without selling them to make room. It's always a tough decision, but if you think it will be bettter off with someone who can give it the attention it deserves, then go ahead. Do what's best for the house.

    ReplyDelete

Created By Sora Templates