Sunday, 24 February 2013

Mini magic: Harry Potter world

I've always been a fan of Harry Potter.

I was bit late reading the books but eventually ploughed through them, and I LOVE the films.

Perfect for lazy Sundays when it's a bit chilly out and some escapism is in order.

Well, yesterday I spent the day celebrating my Godson's birthday. He turned 11 and decided Harry Potter Studio tour was the way forward. Excellent choice.

It.was.AMaaaaaazing!!

You might have seen this in the press? The model of Hogwarts used for the  films. Completely breathtaking.
Photo's can't really do it justice, you just need to go!
The scale of the whole thing is a bit mind boggling, imagine being J.K.Rowling and looking around this place?! All that spring from her one idea.
imagination is a wonderful thing.

I don't want to post too many photos as it might spoil it for any of you planning a visit. I will tell you that I've now flown on a broomstick, Morris minor and tried real Butterbeer.


One of my favourite sections was definitely the conceptual artists gallery. It's towards the end of the tour and full of architectural drawings and scale models. Of course these appealed to my dollhouse orientated brain so I'll leave with a few snippets!












Felt this may resonate with some of you?!

3 comments:

  1. seguro que tanto tu sobrino como tu habeis disfrutado mucho de la visita , gracias por las fotos , son impresionantes

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so desperate to go there! Glad it looks as though it lives up to the claims. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did!!

      SO many good bits but I can't really elaborate because if you know they're coming you'll lose the element of surprise and that would be a shame!
      If you do go definitely get the digital guide too, loads to take in.

      Be warned, the gift shop is eye wateringly expensive!!
      £25 for a wand. Was going to treat my sisters to a box of every flavour beans but they ended up with a more purse friendly souvenir! That aside, would definitely go again. Now sensing a Harry Potter themed doll's house in my future!!
      Kat x

      Delete

Created By Sora Templates