Four Little Walls Copyright 2016. Powered by Blogger.

A farewell to 2012

Well, I don't know about the rest of you but it's a bit of a relief to be back to some sort of routine today?!

There's really only so much eating and sitting that can be done before you start to feel...beached!

I rarely make resolutions, mainly because I don't stick to them.
Though last year, in the first week of 2012 I resolved to start a mini blog, and as part of that blog I set myself the 52 week challenge. Those of you that have been reading for a little while be aware that some projects were more successful than others,however,  peaks and troughs aside, I did it! There was a project every week for a whole year. Phew!

I'm pretty shocked that I stuck to it to be honest but, for the most part, it was a lot of fun.

I'd like to thank everybody that's been kind enough to read, leave lovely comments and generally been fabulous during the last 12 months, it's been amazing to know that there are people reading besides harassed friends and family members!

2012 also brought the opportunity to write my own column with the Doll's House magazine. This was such an exciting experience and a great pleasure to be involved with team Dolly! The February issue hits the shops tomorrow so be sure sure to get your copy! :)

There's a few exciting bits and pieces lined up already for Four Little Walls in 2013 but for now, I've a Christmas tree to pull down and some exercise DVDs to dig out so I'll leave you with some of my favourites from the 52 week challenge, would love to know what yours were?!

X






















6 comments

  1. Happy New Year! One of my plans is to go back and read your blog from the beginning. (Yes I like it that much!) I am almost done reading Casey's Minis, then I will start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Congratulation on sticking with your challenge, you pride is well earned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your 52week challenge!
    I have really enjoyed all your weekly diys, so inspiring! I hope you will continue to blog now the challenge is over??

    The mini community wouldn't be the same without you!
    Hugs, Mins xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mins,

      Thanks for the kind words! :)
      No fear, there's no getting rid of me and they'll be lots of mini happenings in 2013, just not every Friday of the year. (Thank goodness! haha)

      Hope 2013 has been fabulous to you so far!
      Kat X

      Delete
  4. Just came across your blog via Betty magazine :)
    How do you make those perfect little frames? I was pleased enough with mine to do a little DIY just after I made them, but on review I'd have to say they certainly look like a nursery school kid phoned them in.. especially seeing yours :P (if you want a laugh, here are mine: http://www.diversionsblog.com/2012/04/tiny-little-diys.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stef!
      Nooo,not at all, yours are fab!!
      I can't take credit for those frames I'm afraid! They're made by wood-supplies (here's the link: http://www.wood-supplies.com/contact.php )
      I stock up every time I get to a show they're selling at, really nice quality. I only buy the bare wood ones so I can paint and stain them but they do finished and gilt styles too.
      Just had a nose at your blog, so lovely! You take great pictures. :)
      Kat x

      Delete