Week 4: Sneaky, secret dolls houseHelloo,
So now that we're on week 4 of this mini obsessed challenge I like to think I'm winning a few of you over on the dolls house front? A bit? Maybe?..
They don't have to be obscenely expensive and take up loads of space. It can be your dark little secret.
What I used:
Office storage box
What I did:
I'd wanted to give this a go for a while. There are purpose built, room-box kits out there but they are horrendously expensive for what is essentially, well, a box.
This box was one of three I got from WHSmiths ages ago. Until this week it had been serving it's purpose as useful office storage, until I was struck by inspiration, tipped everything onto the floor, painted it, papered it, job done.
That is literally all there was to it, but just incase, I'll throw a few finer points at you.
- Give the box a good dust before you start painting and glueing.
- Paint the top an bottom inside edges. 2-3 coats should do it.
- Cut the paper to fit the inside of the box
- Use a VERY slightly watered down PVA glue to cover the three sides that are going to be papered.
- Apply the paper carefully, use a dry cloth or sponge to smooth out any air bubbles.
There's a thought.
Were gonna go all romantic for the next week or two what with Valentines day looming so pop back if you fancy some small scale lovin.
Kat - Four little walls