Friday, 28 September 2012

Week 39: Pretty in pink

Helloo!

Once again, Friday finds me like a kid at Christmas. Just got a huuge delivery of tiny goodies + the biggest box of fimo classic I've ever seen. All will be revealed soon!

But before that, let's get on to week 39 of the 52 week challenge. (There's only 13 weeks left to go, how scary's that?!)


Technically this week's project is how to create the little flower display, short and sweet. Though truthfully, this week's also a lot about showing off this pink sofa. I love it. It's one of a few upholstery bits i'm working on for our show in Essex on the 7th. Excited, but soo much to do!!

Anyway, here's the flowers!

What I used:
Small paper flowers (mine were from C&H)
Small, glass vase

Scenic gravel

What I did:
I'm not going to insult your intelligence by going in depth here! 
I filled the vase with a thin layer of gravel before cutting the flower stalks to size and arranging in the vase.
I didn't use any fixatives as I'm not sure if i'll want the vase back for something else yet, though if you've got a suitable one that you want to make more permanent you could try adding a little scenic water to the vase before adding the flowers, that would look fab!


Before I go dive into more painting and furniture building, just a reminder there's still time to enter the name that monkey competition & take part in the mini survey for a chance to win a room box!

Results of both will be announced this Sunday. Good luck!
X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates