Four Little Walls Copyright 2016. Powered by Blogger.

Week 38: (Cheaters) cupcakes!



I would like to start by saying this is not my finest work! Ha!

So please consider this week more of a show and tell than a tutorial. :) 

Determined to create some teeny treats for cupcake week I set to work with the fimo, turns out modelling those little bases is MUCH harder than I thought it would be, so what we have here is a cheaters tray of iced cup cakes. The misshapen, bases have been disguised with the use of a metal tray. :s That aside , pretty happy with 
them!




What I used: 
Fimo in brown, for bases 
White + 5 colours for icing 
Fimo gel 
Cocktail stick 
Metal trays 


What I did: 
As usual, please read and follow manufacturers instructions before using and baking polymer clay! 

Soften the brown fimo and cut into x6, equal pieces.

Shape the pieces into something resembling the scored bases of a baked cupcake. Use the cocktail stick to add detail if you wish. 

Bake the bases for a few minutes to firm them a little, leave to cool.

I wanted sugary, pastel coloured icing so mixed White fimo with some pink, blue, green, orange and yellow.

Add a few drops of fimo gel to the blended clays and mix in until the clay has a spreadable consistency and apply to the bases using a cocktail stick or similar.

Bake for a further 10-20 mins (refer to manufacturers instructions!) 

Once completely cooled off, fix the cupcakes to the baking trays and display (with pride!). 





Don't forget, there's still time to use the National cupcake week offer over at fourlittlewalls.com.

Just enter CUPCAKE12 at the checkout to get -15% off anything that takes your fancy. 

I would be a little sadder about how the cakes turned out, but frankly I'm too excited about MINIATURA !

Yes, an entire day of being surrounded by dolls houses and beautiful, tiny things. *happy dance* 

Have a lovely weekend!!

5 comments

  1. Those are a perfectly respectable first try! I'm eager to try making food this year, but it is daunting. Did you know you can buy miniature cupcake moulds on Etsy? I'm not sure what the shop name is, because I didn't favorite it. Have fun at Minituria! You'll have a blast. Try to resist emptying your savings account :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth!
      Yes, I spotted a few of those moulds, may have to invest.
      Miniatura was fab, though I was shockingly restrained!! Will post some pics next week. :)

      Delete
  2. Se ven deliciosos!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cupcakes and thanks for the tutorial.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete