Monday, 19 March 2012

Stuff & Things: Miniatura 2012

So, I've just about recovered from the weekend.
My long suffering Dad and I were up and on the road to the NEC at 5.30am on Saturday for Miniatura.
For those of you not in the know this is basically one of the biggest events in a dolls house weirdo's calendar with squillions of dolls houses and mini supplies all under one roof. This was the first time I've actually managed to go. I was literally like on over excited child, even the early start didn't deflate me!!

We arrived with 20 Min's to spare before the doors opened so time for crucial make up application for me and a much needed ciggy for Dad. During this time a large and slightly intimidating queue had formed so rather than join we sat down nearby for some people watching and a flick through the listings.



The next three hours were a little overwhelming!!
Dad's survival strategy was basically to leave me to it while I flitted from one stand to another like a little cocker spaniel before eventually pulling myself together for the serious task of shopping.


The majority of my buying's were essentials but not all that pretty, (at least not yet!) floor tiles, skirting boards, floor boards, unfinished furniture, unpainted tins and trays. I felt I was very restrained!

I did indulge in one little luxury , Mrs Beeton's guide to household management by Pear Tree miniatures. Yes, it was because I liked the picture!


The show also gave me the chance to get chatting with some of the makers about their work. We met some really lovely people, some of whom I'll blog about later.

Even if you're not a dolls house person I recommend a trip to Miniatura if you get the chance, soo much to look at and I'm pretty sure you'ld be a convert by the time you left...maybe?!

Anyway, more about the show to come.
If any body wants me I'll be in the attic, laying mini floorboards.

x

2 comments:

  1. Ha-ha...dollhouse weirdo's? Okay, I can dig that =0)

    Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I say that with affection!!

      It was fab, can't wait for the next one. :)

      Delete

Created By Sora Templates